Photovoltaic company Trina Solar renews its global brand for tracker business

Image courtesy: PV Magazine

AFRICA – Trina Solar Co., Ltd, a leading global photovoltaic (PV) and smart energy total solution provider, has announced the renewal of its global brand for tracker business, as well as integrate and upgrade its business system and channels, so as to make full use of and strengthen Trina Solar’s brand influence and bring better service and more added value to global customers.

In May 2018, Trina Solar acquired a 51% stake in Nclave, a well-known Spanish tracking solution provider with the remaining 49% stake acquired in July this year.

After the acquisition, Nclave became a wholly owned subsidiary of Trina Solar marking the first successful merger and acquisition of an overseas tracker company by a Chinese photovoltaic company.

As part of the brand renewal plan, Trina Solar will renew the brand name “Nclave,” change the brand name to “TrinaTracker”. At the same time, SP160 and SP240 series product brand names under the original Nclave business brand will be changed to Vanguard and Agile respectively.

“The change and enhancement of the tracker business brand can improve the consistency and effectiveness of the global brand, which is not only conducive to the development of the Company’s tracker business, but also conducive to creating a better customer experience.”

Gao Jifan – Chairman, Trina Solar

“TrinaTracker” will leverage the advantages of Nclave in research and development, design, products and global service network, and infuses Trina’s strengths in innovation, reliability and world-leading financing; “Vanguard” is a single-row tracker, and will continue to develop and innovate based on the existing leading position; “Agile” is a double-row tracker, with the goal of being safer and faster.

“Innovation, branding and internationalization are the three important development strategies of Trina Solar,” Gao Jifan, Chairman of Trina Solar, said.

“The change and enhancement of the tracker business brand can improve the consistency and effectiveness of the global brand, which is not only conducive to the development of the Company’s tracker business, but also conducive to creating a better customer experience.

“After the brand renewal, Trina Solar will continue to bring service excellence to our customers at a professional level.”

As the core component of Trina Solar’s total intelligent energy solution, the tracking system is an important strategic measure oriented towards creating customer value. The new business brand and product brand names fully reflect Trina Solar’s motivation and determination to provide solutions in the tracker business.

Innovation is an important development strategy for Trina Solar, and also an important aspect of the Trina brand.

Throughout the whole process from production to operation, Trina Solar insists on promoting the reduction of levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) through continuous technological innovation and seeks to bring affordable clean energy to millions of households.

Trina Solar Co., Ltd., founded in 1997, is a world-leading provider of smart integrated photovoltaic (PV) solutions.

The Company’s business spans the research and development, production and sale of PV modules, power plants and system products; PV power generation and operations and maintenance (O&M) services; the development and sale of smart microgrids and multi-energy systems; and energy cloud-platform operations.

Liked this article? Subscribe to DealStreet Africa News, our regular email newsletter with the latest news, deals and insights from Africa’s business, economy and more. SUBSCRIBE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.